Sunday 21 February 2010

The Second Coming

So yesterday was the second day of London Fashion Week and variety is what I certainly came across.
Charles Anastase is a new name to myself, but was touched by what is the obscure, almost dream like figures, haunting ghosts of past and future fashion. Intense detail and mixed ideas create what I can only assume was a beautiful fantasy. All in all if anyone is seeking my approval, wheres my stamp, I'll slam it down this second.









Print and luxurious design is what comes to mind when looking through Mary Katrantzou's designs this season. Sumptuous design and detailed prints evoke feelings of opulence and ostentation. Also I was obviously thrilled to see metal work and jewellery adornment incorporated in a couple of the looks, so it pleased the jeweller within myself.

The phrase 'Girl's Just Want to Have Fun!' comes to mind when looking through House of Holland's catwalk show this season. Layering, heavy use of patterns and feminine garments seem to scream college chic with a hint of sexy academic. I must say these playful combination's have set my student pulse racing and the bold pastel colours partnered with classic greys and blacks make the whole line POP!


Finally I just watched the Jasper Conran catwalk show live (Yes, yes Mac again my portal to this unreachable world) and I must say I was pleasently indulged in chiffons that flowed like water, neck detail, which looked like paint had been lovingly poured over the body and illusions of naked flesh. With flashes of oranges and emerald greens it's safe to say he will be bringing in daydreams of summer during those chilling winter days and nights.


http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment